YOU CAN TELL I'M ALGERIAN BECAUSE ….
Any time you grouping races or individuals together and make a judgment about them without knowing them, this is an example of a stereotype. Racial remarks, sexual remarks, and gender remarks are the biggest stereotypes.
Stereotypes also exist about cultures an countries as a whole. Stereotype examples of this sort include the premises that:
- All white Americans are obese, lazy, and dim-witted. Homer Simpson of the TV seriesThe Simpsonsis the personification of this stereotype.
- Mexican stereotypes suggest that all Mexicans are lazy and came into America illegally.
- All Arabs and Muslims are terrorists.
- All people who live in England drink tea .
- Italian or French people are the best lovers.
KEEP THIS IN MIND :
- Oneadvantageof a stereotype is that it enables us to respond rapidly to situations because we may have had a similar experience before.
- Onedisadvantageis that it makes us ignore differences between individuals; therefore we think things about people that might not be true (i.e. make generalizations).
T .4 / T2 / T G AND MISS TOUCHARD